Our Children’s Ministry at New Song
New Song kids are growing in age and numbers and our Children’s Ministry is growing right along with them! In addition to our monthly SuperSaturday program, children and youth also participate fully in worship, mission projects, music and other areas of New Song’s church life. Retreats, parties and outings are also part of the mix.
SuperSaturday groups meet monthly on Saturday evenings, immediately following worship. We have three groups. Each group meets from 6:30-8:30 downstairs in the classroom wing where they will find a light dinner waiting for them. Activities includes age appropriate Bible stories, activity centers, crafts, games, music and lots of discussion. All three groups provide a perfect opportunity for children and youth to learn about God and living their lives as Jesus taught. Friends are always welcome!
2019-2020 SuperSaturday dates:
Songbirds (age 3 through 1st Grade)
Teachers: Jenny Bosworth & Brona Sarchett
Teachers: Pam & Michael Jennings
New Song Youth (NSY) (tweens and teens)
Teachers: Sally & Tom Boyd, Rex Loy
1. Can parents leave the building during SuperSaturday? Yes-please enjoy some time to yourselves! All we ask is that you have a current Information Sheet on file with us.
2. How do I enroll my child in SuperSaturday? There is no official “sign up”-just show up! An email reminder will be sent each month prior to SuperSaturday and info is always posted here on the website under Updates & Events.
3. Does SuperSaturday have a fee? No, materials are furnished as part of the Children’s Ministry program of New Song Church. Meals are prepared and donated by adults from the congregation. If you would like to help with a meal this year please contact Michael Jennings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Children’s Ministry Information:
Children’s Message During Worship
TIPS FOR CHILDREN IN WORSHIP
- Talk with your child at home about the various parts of worship: Announcements, Call to Worship, Singing, Praying, Reading from the Bible, Children’s Message, Sermon, Offering, Communion. Closing Blessing.
- Encourage your child to sing, pray the Lord’s Prayer, and listen to the music and words. Ask them later what they liked about worship or what questions they have about worship?
- Explain the meaning of communion
- Encourage your child to draw a picture about what they see in the chapel.
- Have children notice the different people helping in worship and explain their tasks.
- Don’t worry about noise-it is their church, too! Some of the best sounds in the world are the coos of a baby or words from a child. We love kids at New Song and want them to feel safe, welcomed and comfortable there!
More questions about our Children’s Ministry?
Contact Pam Jennings, 314-960-7973, email@example.com